Thursday, June 28, 2007

Varanasi


Last weekend we took a short trip to Varanasi, city of Lord Shiva and the holiest city for Hindus. It was amazing! I don't have much time to describe the trip, but other than getting sick for the first time in India, I wish to visit Varanasi again and take a boat at sunrise down the Ganges River. Here are some photos of the ghats (banks), Nicole and me with a Baba (priest/holy man), the 3 of us making friends with Ramesh, a store owner, and evening prayers along one of the main ghats.




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi My!
I hope you feel better soon- and that the medicine we got together will be of some help! The pictures you took are amazing- that priestman looks so wise and the places you are visitng are beautiful!! Those girls look very happy to be with you and your other two friends- keep up the great work!! Thinking of you- big hugs and kisses!Lu

Anonymous said...

hey Myra, beautiful photos and tales of your work- sounds tough. Change takes time, but the conversations you are having sound fascinating and especially insightful for the future!
I noted that another fellow, Roshan, is from Davidson (where I went to school) and I know him by name only, but neat connection...

Unknown said...

Hi Myra! Thanks for sharing your experiences and pictures! I really admire the work you are doing and reading about your experiences is truly inspiring - the world needs more people like you!!!
Can't wait to see you soon and catch up. Big kisses to you from DC! Ciao bella!!

QD said...

I've always wanted to go to Varanasi too... did the baba have any interesting things to say?

Unknown said...

myra, thanks for all these beautiful photos and updates on what you've been doing. it heartens me to know you are working there. can't wait to see you in september!

Anonymous said...

牙醫,植牙,假牙|矯正|牙周病,牙醫診所植牙,紋身,刺青,創業,批發,TATTOO,皮膚科,痘痘,雷射脈衝光除斑,中醫,腫瘤,腎臟病,僵直性脊椎炎,飛梭雷射,肉毒桿菌,玻尿酸,痘痘,脈衝光,醫美,毛孔粗大,醫學美容,seo,關鍵字行銷,關鍵字自然排序,網路行銷,關鍵字自然排序,關鍵字行銷seo,關鍵字廣告,網路行銷,seo,關鍵字行銷,關鍵字廣告,關鍵字,自然排序,部落格行銷,網路行銷,網路爆紅,牛舌餅婚紗台中婚紗