Tuesday, June 5, 2007

In Transit

I'm still in Rome visiting my parents, but I leave for Delhi on Thursday morning. Although I'm really excited for India, there's some hesitation on my part to leave home since my dad just got into a car accident a couple of days ago (the car flipped 360 degrees in the rain). He's ok according to the various doctors (thank God!), but it still leaves me quite paranoid.

Anyhow, I haven't begun my packing as of yet but I still have 36 hours or so...my major errand tomorrow is to buy a digital camera for Francesco, one of the two other KSG students who's interning with Nari Gunjan for the summer. It's great that he and Nicole are already in Bihar with Sr. Sudha. Their stories and photos are preparing me for what will soon be my reality. The girls sound amazing, and of course Sr. Sudha is both humbling and inspiring. I can't wait!

4 comments:

Coné said...

Good luck on your travels! Glad to hear that your Dad is ok too. It'll be great to hear about your travels as they unfold!

Yipee I am the first commenter!

Unknown said...

Yay, I'm the second commenter! Wow, I didn't know that happened to Tito Edgar. Good thing he's ok...

This is all so exciting! Good luck cuz! Can't wait to see the pics and hear all about it!

hoasa said...

SO GLAD your dad is okay. Have fun Myra and can't wait to hear more about your adventures!!

diedre said...

Glad to hear your father is doing well. Good luck on your adventure! It's all so exciting.